Tel Aviv Weather February Averages, Israel
What's the Weather like in Tel Aviv in February
February in Tel Aviv, Israel, see a slight improvement in temperatures over January, but this is still one of the year's cooler months with relatively high average rainfall. The average temperature in Tel Aviv in February is 13.4°C, with an average high of 17.7°C and an average low of 9.8°C. As with January, the temperatures can be much higher and the record high for Tel Aviv in February was reco...
What's the Weather like in Tel Aviv in February
February in Tel Aviv, Israel, see a slight improvement in temperatures over January, but this is still one of the year's cooler months with relatively high average rainfall. The average temperature in Tel Aviv in February is 13.4°C, with an average high of 17.7°C and an average low of 9.8°C. As with January, the temperatures can be much higher and the record high for Tel Aviv in February was recorded as 33.2°C, with a record low of -2°C. Temperatures at night will rarely go below 7.3°C.
The average sea temperature for Tel Aviv in February is 18°C and on warmer days, the beaches are empty and a peaceful and bracing swim is possible. The average relative humidity is slightly lower than January in Tel Aviv, at 70 per cent. Check the local weather report for Tel Aviv before you go.
February is the third rainiest month of the year in Tel Aviv. The average rainfall for February is 111mm/4.4 inches and it rains for an average of 13 days of the month. The chances of a wet day decrease throughout the month, with most rainfall occurring in the first half of February.
Tel Aviv in February enjoys average sunshine of 200 hours, or 7.1 hours a day. This compares to a daily average of just two hours for London, United Kingdom in February. The days in Tel Aviv continue to get longer throughout February, from 10 hours and 40 minutes of daylight at the start of the month to 11 hours and 28 minutes by the end. The sun rises between 6.09am and 6.34am and sets between 5.14pm and 5.37pm in Tel Aviv in February. February in Tel Aviv is extremely cloudy, with overcast or cloudy skies for 27 per cent of the time. The best chance of a clear day is on February 18, when conditions overhead are clear or mostly clear for 73 per cent of the time.
Wind speeds in Tel Aviv are the highest of the year, at an average of 9mph with a variation of 0.2mph. February 7 is the windiest day of the year on average, with speeds of 9.2mph, compared with the calmest day of the year, which falls on May 11 and has wind speeds of 7.5mph on average. The wind blows predominantly from the west in February, for half of the time.
Warm weather clothing will be necessary, including shorts and swimming costumes, as the weather can be much warmer than seasonal averages. But do pack jumpers, a light jacket and a light waterproof too, as it can get cold at night and there is a high chance of rain. Always check our 14-day forecast for Tel Aviv before you set off.
Tel Aviv Hotels in February
The newly-refurbished David Intercontinental Tel Aviv lies between the beach and the fashionable old neighbourhood of Neve Tzedek where cafes, bars, restaurants, and shops abound. This upmarket hotel sits across a road from the beach and many of its 555 rooms have sea views. There's the Aubergine restaurant for fine dining, a terrace restaurant for breakfast and snacks, a bar and a modern spa and fitness centre.
The centrally-located Melody Hotel is a good budget option, with 55 modern, well equipped rooms – some with sea views – just a quick stroll from a sandy beach. The highlight is its lovely eighth floor rooftop terrace, affording panoramic views across the city and the Mediterranean. There is a buffet restaurant and bar, with extras including free drinks between 5-8pm on weekdays, Sunday yoga sessions and free bikes for exploring.
Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel & Towers
Another iconic Tel Aviv hotel to have undergone a refurbishment is the Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel & Towers which dominates the skyline in a prime beachfront location in central Tel Aviv. There is direct beach access, amazing views from many rooms and an excellent spa and fitness centre. Drinkers and diners are spoilt for choice, with three restaurants and two bars, one of them by the hotel pool.
Hotel De La Mer
Proudly advertising itself as 'gay friendly' the De La Mer Hotel has been in business since 1952 and is a good budget option set back from Tel Aviv's main beachfront a 20-minute stroll from the city centre. All rooms have city views, a minibar and free Wi-Fi. There is also free breakfast, a buffet restaurant for light bites, an outdoor dining area and sun terrace. Hotel staff offer a guided city tour service too.
Bars and Restaurants
Ouzeria is a very popular corner restaurant for locals of all ages and backgrounds in the Levinski Spice Market. It gets particularly crowded when the market shuts on a Friday and as it does not accept advance bookings you may have to queue. The restaurant specialises in seafood and offers a range of Greek-influenced dishes with an Israeli twist including mezze.
Dosa Bar is a tiny restaurant that is a unique mix of Indian, kosher, vegan and gluten-free. It has attracted great reviews, with many people drawn by the combination of smells coming from the kitchens and it can get very busy at times. Specialities include dosa - Indian pancakes, served sweet or savoury. There are also spicy Indian breakfasts every Friday if you yearn for a combination of a fry-up and a curry.
Ha'achim in Ibn Gvirol Street simply means 'The Brothers' in Hebrew and was opened in 2011 by siblings Assaf and Yotam Doctor. The menu has a strong Mediterranean-Israeli feel, with hummus, labneh, olives and free pitta breads all featuring prominently. They also offer meat and fish from the charcoal grill as well as salads and there are regular specials to watch out for.
Dizzy Frishdon is a loud and lively venue on Dizengoff Street with three different bars, all filled with a mixture of locals and visitors. It's one of Tel Aviv's most popular spots and is busy every night, often to bursting point. If you want a less hectic experience come for drinks in late afternoon or early evenings. Wine lovers should ask for the wine bracelet, which are unlimited on a Sunday.
Things to do in Tel Aviv in February
The huge Park HaYarkon on the Yarkon River is to Tel Aviv what Central Park is to New York – a huge green space in a busy city. It's always busy with runners, skaters, cyclists and walkers, particularly at weekends. At the park's Sportek Centre there is a climbing wall, basketball courts, trampolines and a skating arena and there's also the Meymadion Water Park, a paradise for children with its pools and waterslides.
The Habima Theatre is Israel's national theatre and occupies a landmark building which was reopened in 2009 after a major rebuild. It is now a world-class modern theatre with most productions in Hebrew, with simultaneous translation into English, making it possible for tourists to enjoy the experience. It dates back to Moscow, where it was founded in 1913 before moving to Tel Aviv in 1928 to escape persecution by Russian authorities.
Jaffa Flea Market
If you're looking for an authentic Middle East experience, they don't come much better than Jaffa Flea Market a bustling, chaotic shuk in the old city spread over several streets. It is crammed with stalls, shops, cafes and bars and you can haggle to your heart's content for everything from furniture to clothes and souvenirs. There are also antiques, craft items and if you would prefer to go in the cool of the evening, Thursday is late night opening.
Yitzhak Rabin Centre
The Yitzhak Rabin Centre centre is a national institute created in 1997 in memory of the former Israeli Prime Minister, who was assassinated in 1995. It tells of his remarkable life, which was intertwined with key moments in Israeli history. The centrepiece of the centre is The Israeli Museum, with almost 200 short documentary films, about the creation and history of Israel. There are also workshops and regular seminars.