pt Flag

Tavira Weather in August, Portugal

TAVIRA AVERAGES FOR AUGUST

Slide and Tap Other Months

Tavira Averages August

  • What is Average Temperature?
    The average high temperature and the average low temperature for that month, on a daily basis, divided by 2 equals the average temperature for that month

    Temperature

    24°C
    75°F
  • What is Average High Low Temperature?
    The sum of high temperatures/low temperatures divided by the number of days in that month, recorded daily

    High Temperature

    29°C
    84°F
  • What is Average High Low Temperature?
    The sum of high temperatures/low temperatures divided by the number of days in that month, recorded daily

    Low Temperature

    18°C
    64°F
  • What is Average Sea Temperature?
    Average daily sea temperatures and divided by the number of days in the month. Sea Temperatures are taken from buoys, ships and even satellites can calculate sea temperature based on energy that is radiated from the sea's surface

    Sea Temperature

    22°C
    72°F
  • What are Average Daily Sunshine Hours?
    Total sunshine hours for the month, divided by the number of days in the month. Sunshine hours are taken with a sunshine recorder, either a Campbell-Stokes recorder or an Eppley Pyreheliometer

    Sunshine Hours

    11 hours
  • What is Average Rainfall?
    The amount of mm in rain for that month divided by the number of days, and the number of days that it rains during that month on average, over a given period of years

    Rainfall Days

    2 days
  • What is Average Rainfall?
    The amount of mm in rain for that month divided by the number of days, and the number of days that it rains during that month on average, over a given period of years

    Rainfall

    4 mm

Tavira Daily Averages August

August 2024 Daily Averages

Sun
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
1 Avg 24º 75º
Fri
2 Avg 27º 81º
Sat
3 Avg 26º 79º
4 Avg 25º 77º
5 Avg 24º 75º
6 Avg 24º 75º
7 Avg 26º 79º
8 Avg 25º 77º
9 Avg 26º 79º
10 Avg 26º 79º
11 Avg 26º 79º
12 Avg 25º 77º
13 Avg 23º 73º
14 Avg 22º 72º
15 Avg 22º 72º
16 Avg 23º 73º
17 Avg 24º 75º
18 Avg 24º 75º
19 Avg 25º 77º
20 Avg 26º 79º
21 Avg 26º 79º
22 Avg 25º 77º
23 Avg 25º 77º
24 Avg 24º 75º
25 Avg 25º 77º
26 Avg 24º 75º
27 Avg 23º 73º
28 Avg 23º 73º
29 Avg 23º 73º
30 Avg 23º 73º
31 Avg 23º 73º
Forecast
Avg Historical Daily Average

August Weather Averages

Sorted by popularity:

Latest Tavira Holiday Reviews

  • my many visits to Tavira

    Mainly very nice - even in February

    colin Turner

Have you been to Tavira? Add your review

What's the weather like in Tavira in August?

Rainfall

The tourist season in Tavira hits its peak in August with large crowds and continuing warm temperatures. The rainfall increases slightly from July, up to 4 mm from the 1 mm that typically falls that month. Usually, there are only two rain days in the month, so you're almost guaranteed dry days during your holiday and won't need your umbrella or poncho. The chance of rain is only 20 percent each day, but check the local forecast to see for sure what rain might fall.

Temperature

You can expect an average daily temperature of 24°C (around 75°F), wonderful weather for spending time outside seeing the historic sites of the town. The lows drop down to 18°C (about 64°F) and generally those temperatures only happen in the evening hours, providing a cool change from the warm daytime air. The highs get up to a warm 29°C (about 84°F) and if the Sirocco winds blow through, those high temperatures can get even higher.

Sunshine Hours

Take advantage of the 13 hours of sunshine you'll get each day in this part of Portugal to try new activities, lay out on the beach, or walk around the town. Bring along those sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's beating rays and avoid sunburn. During the day, summer clothes are perfect and you probably won't even need a jacket at night. You have a 67 percent chance of a sunny day, 33 percent chance of a cloudy day, and 40 percent chance of a breezy day.

Sea Temperature

In the nearby Gulf of Cadiz, the average sea temperature hits 22°C (around 72°F), still warm enough for swimming and watersports like jet skiing, paddleboarding, and kite surfing. As far as extreme temperatures go, the highest this area has seen was a blistering 40°C (about 103°F). The lowest recorded temperature was 14°C (around 58°F).

Hotels in Tavira in August

Residencial Lagoas

The Residencial Lagoas is one of the best budget accommodations in Tavira. Though the rooms are on the small side, each room is cosy and comfortable, with modern amenities like private bathrooms and televisions. Wi-Fi is free if you need to keep in touch with the outside world. Best of all, this lodging is within walking distance to the centre of Tavira and several restaurants, bars, and attractions. Check the website for specials throughout the year to save even more.

Hotel Rural Quinta do Marco

Tucked away in the hills outside of Tavira, the Hotel Rural Quinta do Marco is beautiful, relaxing, and luxurious for a first-rate holiday away in August. The property is surrounded by orange trees and has large, spacious rooms. In addition to comfortable rooms with balconies, the property has three separate swimming pools for privacy and quiet. If you would like to venture into town, taxis are available for those who do not want to rent a car.

Quinta Velha Village

With 60 villas and 80 apartments, the Quinta Velha Village offers space and privacy for families or those traveling in large groups. The large swimming pool has a bar to enjoy a cool drink and the on-site restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You'll also enjoy the game room, lush gardens, and a convenient location to several beaches, stores, and golf courses. The villas and apartments come in one to three-bedroom configurations with private bathrooms and terraces.

Beaches in Tavira in August

Praia do Barril

Also part of Tavira Island, Praia do Barril, called The Barrel Beach in English, is quiet and a great place to find peace and relaxation. The ocean temperatures are up to 22°C (around 72°F), plenty warm for swimming. Guests can plan to spend the whole day on the beach thanks to the several bars that sell food and drinks. You can also visit the minimart in case you forget any of the basics. To get to Praia do Barril, you can cross the bridge from Santa Luzia or take a scenic train from the village of Pedras del Rey.

Bars and Restaurants

Bar TOQUE Tavira

If you're looking to get out and cut loose, head on down to Bar TOQUE Tavira. Stop in for a pint or cocktail after dinner or include this fun bar on your pub crawl. With modern decorations and a relaxed atmosphere, locals and tourists both frequent this watering hole. Throughout the week and on the weekends, you'll find drink specials, theme nights, and a DJ spinning the tunes to keep you dancing all night long.

Aquasul

Serving up some of the best thin-crust pizza in town, Aquasul also has a menu full of Mediterranean and Portuguese favourites. Dine on fresh seafood and fish dishes in the brightly-coloured indoor dining room or outdoor patio. You'll also find beef, chicken, and pasta dishes, all freshly made. Complement your meal with a wine, beer, or cocktail from the full bar. The restaurant is only open for dinner, so be sure to stop in before you head out for a night on the town.

Tavira Lounge

The Tavira Lounge continually earns high praise from locals and tourists as one of the town's best restaurants. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and serves up traditional Portuguese cuisine. With the laid-back atmosphere and extensive menu, it's a great choice for families with kids, couples, and large groups. It's also a great place to stop in for a cup of coffee during the day or a drink before or after dinner. 

Things to Do in Tavira in August

Ria Formosa Boat Trips

Ria Formosa Boat Trips are a great way to explore the natural wonders of the Algarve in the warm August weather. The company offers tours that explore the Ria Formosa Small Lagoon, take you on a bird watching and historical adventure, and show off local fishing villages. You can also choose the completely customisable private tour to see what you want. Each tour leaves conveniently from downtown Tavira and takes one to three hours, depending on which tour you choose.  

Benamor Golf

Whether you're a near professional or a golf novice, you'll love the Benamor Golf course in Algarve. The Benamor course was designed by Sir Henry Cotton and hosts various tournaments throughout the year for professionals and amateurs. If you want to improve your golf game, the club has lessons, clinics, and a driving range to practice hitting. After you're done playing for the day, grab a bite to eat in the clubhouse restaurant or shop around in the pro shop. 

Eolis

For a one-of-a-kind experience while on holiday, consider trying your hand at kitesurfing. Eolis, a kitesurfing school in the Algarve region, offers one-on-one attention to teach you this exciting water sport on its own private stretch of beach. Open to all skill levels and ages, Eolis can teach the most seasoned surfer to the beginner. And, thanks to the 300 days of sun the area gets each year, it's also a sport you can try nearly year-round.