What's the Weather Like in Osaka in June
Average temperatures continue to increase in the port city of Osaka during June. Daily lows tend to vary from 14C (57.2F) to 25C (77F), occasionally more. High temperatures typically remain between 22C (71.6F) and 32C (89.6F). Yet, average daily temperatures usually fluctuate from 20C (68F) to 28C (82.4F). In regard to these, Osaka, Japan, is for a few degrees less warm than Taipei, Taiwan, during this period.
Temperatures in June are, in general, either pleasant (nights) or warm (days) in the second largest Japanese metropolis. Yet, the interval of warm temperatures gradually expands with the passage of days. At the beginning of the month, it is warm approximately from 12 pm to 6 pm. During the final days of June, this interval lasts from around 8 am until midnight.
The duration of sunlight decreases in June. On average, the city of Osaka has between 5 and 5:50 hours of sunlight during daylight hours. The decrease is the result of the increasing cloud cover. At the beginning of the month, it is 59% likely that the sky over the metropolis will be overcast or mostly cloudy. By the end of June, this percentage rises to 73%.
June is the rainiest annual month in this Japanese destination. The city usually receives between 185 mm/7.3 in and 230 mm/9.1 in of rainfall in the course of the month. This is the increase of around 35% when compared to May. According to statistics, this amount of precipitation usually falls during 12 rainy days.
Furthermore, the possibility of rain is rising at a rapid rate from the beginning of June toward the end. On June 1, the chances that the day will be wet are 33%. On June 30, this possibility is 52%. Furthermore, a rainy day in the second half of the month is more likely to be damper than in the first. Finally, days are rainier than nights. The highest chances of wet weather are around noon while the lowest chances of precipitation are around 11 pm.
The average speed of the wind in Osaka, the capital of the Osaka Prefecture, is 2.9 m/s throughout June. Just like in previous months, days (up to 3.6 m/s, gentle breeze) are windier than nights (down to 2.4 m/s, light breeze).
With the average relative humidity around 69%, you can have everything between dry and oppressive (humid) conditions. Humid conditions are unlikely to take place at the beginning of the month. But starting from the second week of June, the likelihood of muggy, oppressive and even miserable conditions is on a significant rise. Around mid-June, the possibility of a muggy or oppressive day is around 30%. By the month's end, the chances of such a weather are already 70% in Osaka.
Sunrise and sunset
The duration of daylight increases until June 21, when it starts to decrease. On that day, the city has 14:29 hours of daylight, from 4:45 am to 7:14 pm. On June 1, the sun rises at 4:46 am and sets at 7:05 pm (14:19 hours of daylight). On the final day of the month, sunrise takes place at 4:47 am while sunset occurs 14:28 hours later, at 7:15 pm.
Average sea temperature
The temperature of the sea in this destination is around 22C (71.6F) on average in June. In this regard, seasonal deviations are possible down to 20C (68F) and up to 25C (77F).
Extraordinary weather occurrences
The possibility of natural hazards is constantly high in the Japanese port city of Osaka. Because the geographical position of Japan is near 4 tectonic plates, earthquakes occur often. According to certain statistics, Osaka is among the most exposed cities around the world to earthquakes and tsunamis. The tsunami is the outcome of the earthquake under the sea. Yet, most earthquakes aren't especially dangerous.
The typhoon season starts in June. These storms may bring large quantities of rainfall and cause flooding, just like tsunamis. Still, the area around the metropolis is somewhat sheltered from this natural occurrence. Even if they hit the metropolis, typhoons still aren't at their pinnacle this time of year.
Osaka Hotels in June
Osaka, Japan, has suitable accommodations for everyone, from budget hostels to exclusive hotel complexes. The exact location of your lodging doesn't mean a lot because the efficient public transportation network (Japan Railways and subway) will take you anywhere quickly.
Drop In Osaka
Drop In Osaka is a budget-friendly property featuring dormitories and rooms. Shared kitchen and bathrooms are additional facilities. Guests can also make use of free internet access, complimentary bath amenities and lockers. Drop In Osaka is in the Umeda neighborhood, a few minutes away on foot from the main station.
Hotel WBF Namba Inari
Hotel WBF Namba Inari is a moderately-priced, 3-star hotel. Single, double and twin rooms vary in size from 13 m2 to 19 m2. Each of them features free high-speed internet, toiletries, TV and hair dryer among other amenities. A restaurant is an additional facility of the hotel.
Holiday Inn Osaka Namba
Holiday Inn Osaka Namba is a 4-star establishment disposing of twin and double rooms. Accommodation units feature free wireless internet, flat-screen TVs and bathroom amenities. A few restaurants and bars and paid parking are additional facilities of Holiday Inn Hotel.
Hotel Hankyu International
5-star Hotel Hankyu International features a superb location in the Umeda district. Rooms and suites vary in size from 26.5 m2 to 168 m2. The complimentary equipment consists of free Wi-Fi, video-on-demand films, minibars, satellite TVs and bath amenities. The complex additionally consists of several restaurants, a library, sauna, meeting rooms and a business center. On-site parking is available for a surcharge.
Osaka Beaches for June
With the average water temperatures above 20C (68F), the sea around the city of Osaka is suitable for activities in the water.
Tarui Southern Beach
Tarui Southern Beach is small, yet relatively secluded beach. It features white sand, palm trees and parasols for renting. Water sports are available, too. Here, you can watch planes landing to and taking off from Kansai Airport.
Suma Beach is the most popular beach in the area. Various events, such as DJ shows, take place there. Visitors to this beach west of Kobe can visit an aquarium and a park next to Suma Beach. Beach parties also take place throughout the summer on this beach.
Bars and Restaurants
The port city of Osaka is often called "the kitchen of Japan," and, in accordance, is a paradise for gourmands. Japanese and international dining opportunities are bountiful, and restaurants and bars, in general, work until late. Make sure to taste local specialties such as Takoyaki, Miso soup, Sushi and Okonomiyaki. Also have in mind to bring cash since not all dining venues accept cards as the payment method.
Club Q International Party Bar
Club Q International Party Bar is a bar that is open until the wee hours. It features friendly atmosphere and entertainment, and serves sake (Japanese rice wine), cocktails and spirits. Working hours of the bar are daily from 8 pm until 5 am except on Sunday.
Fukutaro is a restaurant serving affordable dishes. The specialty of the house is popular Okonomiyaki, a savory pancake encompassing various ingredients. If you visit Fukutaro, ordering buta-tama Okonomiyaki is highly recommended. The restaurant is open daily, from 5 pm to 0:30 am on weekdays, and between noon and midnight on weekends.
L&L Bar and Restaurant
L&L Bar and Restaurant is a mid-range eatery specializing in Mediterranean specialties. Besides food, guests can enjoy hookah, an instrument designed for smoking flavored tobacco. Various events, including DJ performances and comedy shows take place at L&L Bar. The venue's opening hours are from 11 am (5 pm on Sunday) until 5 am on a daily basis.
La Veduta is an exclusive dining venue of the St. Regis Hotel. It is an Italian-style restaurant preparing dishes based on meat, seafood and vegetables. La Veduta is open for lunch (11:30 am 2:30 pm) and dinner (5:30 pm 10 pm) every day.
Things to do in Osaka in June
Sumiyoshi Taisha, also known as the Sumiyoshi Grand Shrine, is one of the oldest shrines in Japan. Founded in the 3rd century, it is a great example of the old Japanese architecture. The shrine is in the close relation to Shinto, the original faith of the Japanese before the introduction of Buddhism. "Shinto" is translated as "the way of the gods," who protect fishermen, sailors and travelers. Besides 4 main halls, a pond and an arched bridge are the main points of interest in the Sumiyoshi Taisha.
Abeno Harukas is a multifunctional venue and the tallest skyscraper in Japan. To most tourists, the observation platform, the Art Museum and the biggest department store in the country are the key points of interest here. The platform occupies 58th, 59th and 60th floors while the museum is on the 16th. The department store is spread through a tower and a wing.
Green tea ice cream
With the temperatures rising this time of year, everyone could use a welcoming refreshment in the Japanese port city of Osaka. And green tea ice cream is one of the most fitting alternatives to that end.
Osaka Castle is among the top attractions of Osaka, the capital of the Osaka Prefecture. Built in the 16th century, it features moats filled with water that encircle the fortified complex. Bridges provide the entrance to the castle whose centerpiece is the keep consisting of multiple floors. Inside, you can visit a museum devoted to the Osaka Castle's commissioner and the history of the complex. Other points of interest are green spaces, including Nishinomaru Garden, and defensive walls and turrets.