it Flag

Palermo Weather in February, Italy

Palermo Averages February


  • What is Average Temperature?
    The average high temperature and the average low temperature for that month, on a daily basis, divided by 2 equals the average temperature for that month


  • What is Average High Low Temperature?
    The sum of high temperatures/low temperatures divided by the number of days in that month, recorded daily

    High Temperature

  • What is Average High Low Temperature?
    The sum of high temperatures/low temperatures divided by the number of days in that month, recorded daily

    Low Temperature

  • What is Average Sea Temperature?
    Average daily sea temperatures and divided by the number of days in the month. Sea Temperatures are taken from buoys, ships and even satellites can calculate sea temperature based on energy that is radiated from the sea's surface

    Sea Temperature

  • What are Average Daily Sunshine Hours?
    Total sunshine hours for the month, divided by the number of days in the month. Sunshine hours are taken with a sunshine recorder, either a Campbell-Stokes recorder or an Eppley Pyreheliometer

    Sunshine Hours

    5.3 hours
  • What is Average Rainfall?
    The amount of mm in rain for that month divided by the number of days, and the number of days that it rains during that month on average, over a given period of years

    Rainfall Days

    11 days
  • What is Average Rainfall?
    The amount of mm in rain for that month divided by the number of days, and the number of days that it rains during that month on average, over a given period of years


    80 mm

Slide and Tap Other Months

Palermo Daily Averages February

February 2024 Daily Averages

1 Avg 14º 57º
2 Avg 14º 57º
3 Avg 13º 55º
4 Avg 14º 57º
5 Avg 13º 55º
6 Avg 12º 54º
7 Avg 12º 54º
8 Avg 11º 52º
9 Avg 11º 52º
10 Avg 13º 55º
11 Avg 13º 55º
12 Avg 12º 54º
13 Avg 13º 55º
14 Avg 13º 55º
15 Avg 13º 55º
16 Avg 14º 57º
17 Avg 13º 55º
18 Avg 13º 55º
19 Avg 13º 55º
20 Avg 12º 54º
21 Avg 12º 54º
22 Avg 12º 54º
23 Avg 13º 55º
24 Avg 12º 54º
25 Avg 13º 55º
26 Avg 13º 55º
27 Avg 12º 54º
28 Avg 12º 54º
29 Avg 14º 57º
Avg Historical Daily Average

February Weather Averages

Sorted by popularity:

Come February in Palermo, the temperatures stay consistent, as do the rainfall chances. This time of year in this part of Sicily, the average rainfall is about 80 mm. That amount of rain falls over 11 days on average, so fortunately any rain that does fall is typically light and short-lived. Thankfully, the air temperatures don't get even close to freezing, so snow isn't likely. You'll generally only see snow if you visit the inland mountain areas and even then, it's not common.

Compared to January, the number of sunshine hours this month jump up almost a whole hour, giving you 60 extra minutes to explore and sightsee. This month sees an average of 5.3 hours of sunshine each day, so take advantage of the additional time to see the resort. The chance of a sunny day is 80 percent and the chance of rain is about 20 percent on any given day.

When you're visiting this resort that's part of Italy, the average daily temperature is 13°C (about 55°F). Those temperatures are more typical of a UK spring day than a winter day. Highs go up to 15°C (around 59°F), while the lows drop down to 11°C (about 52°F). During the day, you'll want to have long-sleeved shirts, long trousers, and maybe a light jacket or sweater. If you'll be outside at night, bring along a heavier jacket or sweater, especially if you'll be right on the beach. The chance of wind is about 40 percent, so expect some breezy days.

If you do spend time on the beach this month, you'll probably want to avoid the water, as the average sea temperature is only 14°C (about 58°F). That's pretty chilly for swimming or water sports, unless you have the proper wet or dry suits or a high cold tolerance.

The Hotel Posta is a basic hotel with comfortable and affordable rooms and helpful amenities. Thanks to its small size, the friendly staff can give each guest personalized attention during your February stay. As a guest, you'll be treated to free breakfast each morning and the staff can answer any questions you have about the area. The rooms come with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and televisions, and some of the rooms have balconies with views of the centre of town.

Housed in an 18th-century building in downtown Palermo, the Hotel Palazzo Sitano provides guests with four-star accommodations. Each room has hardwood floors, air conditioning, soundproofing, mini bar, satellite television, and spacious private bathroom. The hotel and staff can accommodate extended stays as well. Hotel amenities include a restaurant, lounge and bar, rooftop terrace with views of the city, wellness centre, and Franciscan garden to relax and unwind.

Cosmopolitan yet still traditional, the Hotel Plaza Opera has a lounge bar, free Wi-Fi access everywhere on site, a private garage, and a solarium terrace on the roof. Room choices range from the Standard Room with French beds, single beds, or double beds to the two penthouse suites with private outdoor rooftop terrace, separate bedroom, and two-person Jacuzzi. Each room comes with free mineral water, LCD television, coffee and tea makers, and electronic safe.

Conveniently located just north of Palermo's city centre and only minutes from the water, I Sapori del Mare provides guests with fresh and delicious seafood dishes. The menu includes local fish of the day specials, as well as prawns, bream, swordfish, mussels, octopus, and shrimp. You can also get pasta dishes and antipasto plates to start your meal.

For a change of pace from the Italian food scene, check out Marrakech, a Middle Eastern restaurant in Palermo. You'll love the classic Middle Eastern dishes like couscous, Arabian bread, kefta, falafel, curry, and harissa. The exquisite dining room helps set the tone for your exotic meal. After dinner, head over to Marrakech's hookah and lounge bar for a chilled night out.

Found in the historic district of Palermo, Al Fondaco del Conte is a great place for a date night out. It's also great for families to enjoy a quality meal thanks to a kids' menu. Start your meal with a traditional Sicilian earth or sea appetizer. From there, move onto the first course of linguine or ravioli and the second course with the fresh fish of the day or other meat choice.

Not only does the Teatro Massimo offer a splendid place to see a play or listen to an opera, it's full of architectural beauty and history to explore as well. Head indoors in the cooler February weather and take in a show. Also, be sure to check out the Auditorium with perfect acoustics, Royal Box where kings and queens sit for performances, and the United Nations Room with beautiful wood columns and marble floors.

The Cathedral of Palermo is an imposing structure that shows off traditional Italian architecture, mixed with international influences. The huge church still offers regular daily and holiday Mass. When visiting, you head up to the rooftop terrace that offers amazing views of the city. You can also purchase a ticket that includes tours of the crypt and the treasury.

Housed in a private home, the Stanze al Genio is a collection of ancient pottery and tiles. As you walk from room to room, you'll see over 2,300 tiles from the Neapolitan and Sicilian cultures from the sixteenth through twentieth centuries. You'll also see antique toys, tin boxes, stationery, ink bottles, and advertising pieces. To see the museum, you must book a tour by calling or visiting the website.

Palermo Holiday Reviews

Slide and Tap for more Palermo Weather Averages