it Flag

Palermo Weather in August, Italy

Palermo Averages August


  • What is Average Temperature?
    The average high temperature and the average low temperature for that month, on a daily basis, divided by 2 equals the average temperature for that month


  • What is Average High Low Temperature?
    The sum of high temperatures/low temperatures divided by the number of days in that month, recorded daily

    High Temperature

  • What is Average High Low Temperature?
    The sum of high temperatures/low temperatures divided by the number of days in that month, recorded daily

    Low Temperature

  • What is Average Sea Temperature?
    Average daily sea temperatures and divided by the number of days in the month. Sea Temperatures are taken from buoys, ships and even satellites can calculate sea temperature based on energy that is radiated from the sea's surface

    Sea Temperature

  • What are Average Daily Sunshine Hours?
    Total sunshine hours for the month, divided by the number of days in the month. Sunshine hours are taken with a sunshine recorder, either a Campbell-Stokes recorder or an Eppley Pyreheliometer

    Sunshine Hours

    9.9 hours
  • What is Average Rainfall?
    The amount of mm in rain for that month divided by the number of days, and the number of days that it rains during that month on average, over a given period of years

    Rainfall Days

    3 days
  • What is Average Rainfall?
    The amount of mm in rain for that month divided by the number of days, and the number of days that it rains during that month on average, over a given period of years


    10 mm

Slide and Tap Other Months

Palermo Daily Averages August

August 2024 Daily Averages

1 Avg 26º 79º
2 Avg 27º 81º
3 Avg 27º 81º
4 Avg 26º 79º
5 Avg 27º 81º
6 Avg 26º 79º
7 Avg 27º 81º
8 Avg 27º 81º
9 Avg 27º 81º
10 Avg 27º 81º
11 Avg 26º 79º
12 Avg 26º 79º
13 Avg 28º 82º
14 Avg 26º 79º
15 Avg 26º 79º
16 Avg 26º 79º
17 Avg 25º 77º
18 Avg 26º 79º
19 Avg 27º 81º
20 Avg 26º 79º
21 Avg 26º 79º
22 Avg 26º 79º
23 Avg 26º 79º
24 Avg 26º 79º
25 Avg 27º 81º
26 Avg 26º 79º
27 Avg 26º 79º
28 Avg 26º 79º
29 Avg 26º 79º
30 Avg 25º 77º
31 Avg 26º 79º
Avg Historical Daily Average

August Weather Averages

Sorted by popularity:

The hot and dry summer comes to a peak in August in Palermo. This month sees the hottest temperatures out of the whole year and the highest sea temperatures for this part of the island of Sicily. The average sea temperature during this time of the year is 26°C (about 78°F), plenty warm to splash around in the water and check out some of the area's popular water sports like jet skiing and paddleboarding.

Compared to July, the average daily temperature jumps up about a degree, to 27°C (around 80°F). The lows go down to 24°C (about 75°F), while the highs reach up to a very balmy 29°C (about 84°F). As you're packing for your summer holiday, be sure to bring along short-sleeved shirts, tank tops, shorts, and of course, your swimsuit. With the warm evening temperatures, you probably won't even need a jacket or sweater.

You can expect about 9.9 hours of sunshine each day, ample time to enjoy some sightseeing and still have time by the pool or down on the beach. The chance of a sunny day is 80 percent and the chance of rain on any given day is 20 percent. With all that sunshine, you're going to want to be prepared with sunglasses, a hat, and lots of sunscreen to avoid getting a nasty sunburn and ruining your holiday.

When you check the local forecast, you'll see that the rainfall amounts will be low during your stay. The average rainfall for this time of the year is only 10 mm, occurring over 3 days, so don't worry about bringing an umbrella. Any rain that does fall tends to be light and short-lived. While you won't encounter much rain, thanks to the amazing weather, you will find lots of crowds this month, as this is the peak of the tourist season.

A great choice for a comfortable room at a good price, Albergo Cavour offers several different types of rooms including singles, double rooms, and family rooms. All rooms come with air conditioning, telephone, and television. Some rooms have a private bath and others offer a shared bath. The hotel's 24-hour reception desk offers free luggage storage and can help you set up restaurant reservations, call a taxi, and find things to do in the area during your August stay.

The epitome of chic, the Artemisia Palace Hotel has updated and modern rooms decorated in shades of black, white, and grey. You can choose a single, double, or double for single use room, or upgrade to the junior suite. The hotel is also pet-friendly, offers free Wi-Fi, and provides services like breakfast in your room, dry cleaning, and a 24-hour reception desk. The hotel sits only a few minutes from the shore and is conveniently located for the train station.

A cosy bed and breakfast, Hotel Ariston sits near two of Palermo's best town squares, full of history and beauty. The simple rooms have bathrooms, air conditioning, television, mini fridge, and free Wi-Fi. All guests are welcome to use the community computer and enjoy breakfast each morning in the quaint breakfast room. You can choose the room-only option or the bed and breakfast option that includes your morning meal.

Altavilla Milicia Beach is known for grainy, yet soft sand, with some pebbly areas. Along with superb views of the clear blue water, you'll also get to take in the incredible cliffs that line the beach and the village of Altavilla Milicia. It's a great place to snorkel thanks to the calm waters off the beach and the warm sea temperatures of 26°C (about 78°F).

The Capaci Beach is about 20 km west of Palermo and a hot spot for tourists to sunbathe and cool off in the crystal blue and green waters. It's surrounded by several different landscapes, including grasslands, mountains, and sand. When the sun goes down, the fun really starts, with all kinds of beach parties happening up and down the coast.

Found in the popular Kalsa neighbourhood of Palermo, L'Ottava Nota, or The Eighth Note in English, offers Spanish, Italian, and Mediterranean dishes. The chefs take traditional recipes from those cuisines and give them a modern twist. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant has a full bar, as well as an extensive beer and wine list so you can choose a drink to accompany your meal.

If you're craving a good, old-fashioned hamburger, head over to Billy's Food. Here you'll be treated to yummy hamburgers will all kinds of different toppings, served alongside crispy French fries. The menu also has other sandwiches, barbeque, and pub grub like nachos. If you need a burger fix after a night out partying, Billy's is open late and also offers take away.

The Sushi Station in Palermo is the place to go if you need to get your fill of sushi. Just off the main tourist area of the city, the tiny restaurant offers big flavours. The restaurant doesn't have a ton of seating inside, so most diners take their meal to go to eat in the comfort of their hotel rooms or down on the beach. Diners are also treated to free Wi-Fi at the bar.

Head out in the warm August weather and check out the city on two wheels via a tour with Palermo by Bike. The rental fee includes bike rental and tour guide, who takes you through the city of Palermo. You'll see the markets, churches, fountains, and plazas of the city. Thanks to the knowledgeable guide, you'll also get a history and cultural lesson about the city and its people.

Like many parts of Italy and Sicily, Palermo also has numerous wineries that you can visit for tours and tastings. Located just outside the city, Tasca d'Almerita has been growing grapes and creating wine for over 40 years. The vineyards include five estates and two resorts so you can have an extended stay or just come for a few hours. Tasca prides itself on using only sustainable methods in winemaking.

Head over to Sicily Off-Road and rent a 4x4 Jeep to explore the island and Mt. Etna. You can have a driver show you around or rent the Jeep to explore on your own. The company offers shuttle service to and from different areas on the island. You can also rent all-terrain vehicles, quads, and mountain bikes if you want to tour the area in a more rugged way.

Palermo Holiday Reviews

Slide and Tap for more Palermo Weather Averages