Weather Averages for Ibiza in April
Averages for Ibiza in April
The weather continues to get better in Ibiza, Spain in April, when the spring season has well and truly begun. During this month, the average temperature starts off at around 14.5°C in the first few days and gradually rises until it reaches 16.5°C in the final few days.
Daily high temperatures for this month rise from 18°C at the start of April all the way up to 20°C by April 30th, almost never falling below 15°C or rising above 23°C. Daily low temperatures follow a similar pattern, beginning at 11°C and increasing up to 13°C as the month progresses, only rising above 15°C or falling below 8°C one day out of every ten.
The highest temperature which has ever been recorded in recent times for Ibiza in April is 28°C, with the coldest temperature ever recorded for the island during this month being 5°C. When you compare these temperatures to the average for the month – 16°C – it’s clear that they’re the extremes and certainly aren’t what you should be expecting during your holiday.
In April, Ibiza is subject to an average of 34mm of rainfall – that’s slightly more than the previous month. This rainfall is spread across seven days, which means there’s a fairly high chance that you’ll experience a shower or two during your holiday. Play it safe and pack an umbrella or bring some waterproof clothing with you.
Moderate rain is the most common type of precipitation you’ll get in Ibiza this month and usually falls around April 11th. Light rain is the second most likely type of rainfall and tends to occur around April 3rd. Thunderstorms are the third most expected type of precipitation for this month and generally happens around April 23rd. Whilst there is also a chance of drizzle during April in Ibiza, you’ll be pleased to hear that heavy rain and snowfall are both extremely unlikely.
The chance of precipitation falls very slightly as the month develops, dropping from 27% on April 1st down to 26% by April 30th. In spite of the fairly high chances of rainfall, Ibiza is only affected by foggy conditions on less than one day each April.
At 16°C, the average sea temperature for Ibiza in April is slightly higher than the previous two months. Despite the increase in temperature, 16°C is probably still too cold to go for a proper swim, with anything more than a quick paddle leaving you feeling very chilly. If you’re determined to go for a dip during your holiday, take advantage of the many indoor and heated pools available throughout the island.
Throughout April, the average daily humidity is around 72%, created by highs of 92% and lows of 55%.
Across April, Ibiza enjoys an average of ten hours of sunshine each day – that’s one more hour each day than in March. Throughout the month, the sunshine and daylight hours both steadily rise, with the length of the day increasing by one hour and nine minutes between April 1st and April 30th.
In 2013, the cloudiest month of the year was April, when 17% of days were cloudier than they were clear. The longest cloudy spell of the year also fell during this month, between April 25th and April 30th – that’s 6 consecutive days which were cloudier than they were clear.
Wind speeds tend to fluctuate between 0 m/s and 7 m/s (calm to moderate breeze) throughout April, very rarely exceeding 10 m/s (fresh breeze). The highest average wind speed of 4 m/s (gentle breeze) usually happens around April 1st, when the average daily maximum is 7 m/s. On the other hand, the lowest average wind speed of 4 m/s tends to occur toward the other end of the month around April 30th when the average daily maximum is 6 m/s.
Cala de Sant Vicent Beach in Ibiza, Spain
Things to do
- Keep fit whilst you’re abroad by signing up for a healthy holiday with 38°N. This group specialises in fitness holidays, detoxes, yoga retreats and weight-loss programmes, each of which is designed to help you feel healthier and more energised. The fitness holidays are available from April to November and accommodation is provided at the five-star Aguas de Ibiza Hotel in Santa Eulalia in the north of the island where most of the activities take place. Some of the most popular programmes include: optimal fitness, optimal weight-loss, luxury yoga retreats, luxury, stand-up-padel and soul, detox retreat, weekend detox retreat and deep sleep reatreat.
- Make the most of the brighter spring weather by spending the day at Es Figueral Beach. Located a ten minute drive away from San Carlos, this beach can easily be accessed by bus or car and provides ample parking close by. Here you’ll find soft golden sands which stretch on for 350 metres, providing children with plenty of room to play. One side of the beach is backed by tall scenic cliffs, whilst the other side opens up to the warm and shallow waters which are ideal for swimming. Even if the weather is too cold to sunbathe or go swimming, Es Figueral Beach is a great place to go for a walk or a bite to eat. There are loads of services and facilities available on the beach, such as: sun beds, parasols, showers, lifeguards, access for disabled visitors, restaurants, pedalo-hire, windsurfing school, water skiing, banana boats and diving school.
- If the weather takes a turn for the worst, make the most of your holiday by popping to the Puget Museum. Open from 10am until 4pm throughout the week and from 10am until 2pm on the weekend, this museum is located in Dalt Vila and provides visitors with an insight life in Ibiza through artwork created by Puget Viñas and Puget Riquer. There are around 130 pieces to admire which depict everyday life in the Balearic Islands in the mid 20th century. The pieces are divided into various galleries and include water colours and drawings of the island’s streets, landscapes and people, as well as oil paintings and drawings of rural island life, customs and families.
- Spending a day at the Atzaro Spa is a great way to relax. Here you’ll find a gym equipped with cardio, weightlifting, aerobic and fitness stations where you can work up a sweat before retiring to the dry sauna, Hammam, swimming pool or bubble bar. There are various treatments and massages available, too, as well as comprehensive programmes and fully immersive relaxing holidays. You can pay for things as you go or sign up for one of the various packages, such as: day access, breakfast buffet + day access, veranda menu + day access and veranda menu + day access + treatment.
- A trip to Ibiza isn’t complete without hitting the nightclubs. Located in Ibiza Town, Pacha is one of the biggest and best clubs on the island. The action kicks off at around midnight every night and lasts well into the early hours. Expect amazing music, go go dancers, heady atmosphere, guest DJs and exclusive VIP areas if you have the cash to splash out. If the crowded dance floor gets a bit much for you, head to the roof-top terrace to cool off and relax.
Es Figueral Beach in Ibiza, Spain
Where to stay
- When it comes to beachside accommodation in Ibiza, it’s tough to beat Hotel Osiris. This family-managed hotel is just a stone’s throw away from the Es Puet beach and provides guests with a choice of single, twin, double, triple and family rooms. Each room at Hotel Osiris is spacious and comes complete with: satellite TV, air conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, complete bathroom with hairdryer, mini fridge, free WiFi access and balcony or terrace. There is a handful of services and facilities available onsite, such as: 24-hour reception and two lounges, pool table, bar, swimming pool, sun terrace, tennis court, playground, volleyball court, bicycle rental and weekly live entertainment.
- El Pinar Hotel Apartments are another top pick for anyone who wants to stay close to the beach during their holiday in Ibiza. Located on Cala Llonga, this complex is comprised of studio and one-bedroom apartments, each of which features: balcony, TV, terrace, safety deposit box, air conditioning, desk, fan, sofa, bathroom and kitchenette. There is a small selection of services and facilities on offer, such as: swimming pool, garden, terrace, solarium, tennis court, playground, bar, snack bar, free WiFi access, free public parking, car hire, 24-hour reception and air conditioning.
- Couples in search of a romantic retreat should think about staying at Invisa Hotel La Cala. This four-star adults-only hotel is just a short walk away from the centre of the Santa Eulalia del Rio resort and provides guests with a wealth of services and facilities such as: lounge bar, buffet restaurant, spa, swimming pool, solarium, WiFi access, private parking, 24-hour reception, car hire, facilities for disabled guests, multi-lingual staff and animals are permitted. There is a small selection of single rooms, double rooms and suites to choose from, each of which features: complete bathroom with hairdryer, air conditioning, flat screen satellite TV, high-speed WiFi access, mini fridge, safe and telephone.
- Just a short walk away from the centre of San Antonio, Hotel Arenal is perfect for holidaymakers who want to be close enough to be able to enjoy the all the action, but far enough away so they can still sleep at night. Here you’ll find all sorts of services and amenities to enjoy, such as: lounges, games rooms, TV rooms, heated indoor swimming pool, outdoor swimming pools, cafes, ice cream parlours, sandwich bars, snack bar, solarium, daytime activities, evening entertainment, children’s entertainment, tennis courts, gym and diving centre. Guests can choose between single, double and twin rooms, many of which have sea views. Each of the rooms at Hotel Arenal comes complete with: air conditioning, private bathroom with bath and shower, satellite TV, balcony or terrace, safe, telephone, ceiling fan and daily housekeeping.
- Families and couples looking for somewhere to stay during their holiday in Ibiza should check out Hotel Caribe in Es Cana. This hotel is located just a stone’s throw away from the centre of the resort where you’ll find a plethora of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. Guests are invited to take full advantage of the services and amenities on offer, such as: swimming pools, play area, sports hall, sunbathing terrace, buffet restaurant and evening entertainment. Single and double rooms are available, each of which features: WiFi access, telephone, satellite TV, air conditioning, fridge, safety deposit box, balcony or terrace, full bathroom with hairdryer, wake-up call service and inter-connecting rooms available upon request.
Inside a Hotel Room in Ibiza, Spain
April events in Ibiza
Sant Francesc Day
2nd April 2015
During this annual religious holiday, Sant Francesc de s'Estany hosts folk dancing displays, music concerts, traditional games for children and other family-friendly activities in honour of Sant Francesc.
Sant Jordi Day
23rd April 2015
Each April, every town and village across Ibiza holds a festival to coincide with the day of Sant Jordi. On this special day, most regions host folk dancing displays, with locals dressed in the typical costume of the region, alongside traditional games for the children, loads of local food and drink on offer and many other activities for adults and children to enjoy together.
2nd April 2015 to 5th April 2015
The most important Easter celebrations in Ibiza are held in Ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia. On Maundy Thursday, the Easter celebrations begin with processions in the early evening from the main churches in the towns. These processions involve locals dressed up as Roman soldiers carrying huge floats decorated with flowers whilst a band plays slow marching tunes. As you’d expect, there are special masses held in churches across the island between Maundy Thursday and Easter Sunday each year, too.