Weather Averages for Ibiza in September
Averages for Ibiza in September
The weather begins to cool down in September in Ibiza, Spain, when the summer season comes to an end. At this time of the year, the average temperature starts off at 25.5°C and quickly falls until it reaches 21°C by the end of the month.
Daily high temperatures for the month begin at 29°C and continue to drop until they reach 25°C by September 30th, only exceeding 31°C or falling below 23°C one day out of every ten. Daily low temperatures follow a similar pattern, starting off at 22°C at the start of the month and gradually falling until they reach 18°C in the final few days. Daily low temperatures only exceed 24°C or drop below 18°C one day out of every ten.
In recent times, the highest temperature which has ever been recorded for this month in Ibiza is 35°C, with the lowest temperature ever recorded for this month being 12°C. When you look at these temperatures alongside the average for the month – 24°C – it’s easy to see that they’re the extremes and definitely aren’t what you should be prepared for during your holiday.
Throughout a typical September, Ibiza is subject to around 30mm of rainfall – significantly more than the previous two months. This rainfall is spread out across eight days, which means there’s a fairly high chance that you’ll experience a shower or two during your visit. If you’re worried about getting wet, play it safe and pack an umbrella.
Thunderstorms are the most common type of precipitation for Ibiza during this month and usually occur around September 21st. This is followed by moderate rain which tends to happen around September 30th and light rain which is expected around September 25th. There is also a very small chance that you’ll get some drizzle or heavy rainfall if you visit Ibiza in September, but the chance of snowfall is almost non-existent.
The probability of precipitation falling on any given day steadily rises as the month develops, increasing from 18% on September 1st up to 28% by September 30th. As you’d expect for Ibiza in summer, the island isn’t subject to any foggy conditions throughout the month.
At 25°C, the average sea temperature for Ibiza in September is slightly cooler than in August. Despite the small drop in temperature, 25°C is more than warm enough to enjoy a dip in the sea during your holiday.
In September, the average daily humidity for Ibiza is around 73%, made up of highs of 90% and lows of 57%.
Across the month, the island receives around ten hours of sunshine each day – that’s three hours less each day than the previous two months. The daylight and sunshine hours both steadily decrease as the month progresses, with the length of the day shortening by around one hour and 12 minutes between September 1st and September 30th.
Typical wind speeds for Ibiza in September fluctuate between 0 m/s and 6 m/s (calm to moderate breeze), almost never exceeding 9 m/s (fresh breeze). The highest average wind speed of 3 m/s (light breeze) usually occurs around September 2nd, when the average daily maximum is 6 m/s. The lowest average wind speed of 3 m/s tends to happen around September 17th, at which time the average maximum wind speed is 6 m/s.
Cala Vedella in Ibiza, Spain
Things to do
- Make the most of the last of the summer sunshine by spending the day at the beach. Cala Bossa Beach near San Antonio is one of the most popular beaches in the area and offers something for everyone. Here you’ll find fine, golden sands which stretch on for 300 metres, surrounded by woodland with all sorts of native trees. The waters are clear and almost always calm, making them ideal for even the youngest swimmers to enjoy a dip. Onsite services and facilities include: sun beds, parasols, showers, toilets, changing rooms, massages, lifeguards, disabled access, restaurants, bars, pedalo hire, banana boats and jet skis.
- Ibiza is home to a number of historic buildings, one of which is the Botafoc Lighthouse. This lighthouse is located in Dalt Vila and stretches on for 16 metres into the sky. The landmark was opened in 1861 and featured one of the first lights to be converted to electricity. You can reach this lighthouse by taking a walk along the coast which allows you to soak up the beautiful coastal scenery. The best time of visit the Botafoc Lighthouse is first thing in the morning or late in the afternoon when you’ll have the opportunity to see the light house as the sun rises or sets.
- The Monumento a los Corsiarios is a tall monument honouring the pirates who played an important role in the history of Ibiza from the 18th century onwards. Located in Ibiza Town, this statue is found in the centre of a large square, surrounded by all sorts of international shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. Unfortunately, there is no additional information provided on the monument itself, with the exception of a small plaque detailing who the monument is dedicated to.
- A Sunset Benirrás boat trip is one of the best ways to enjoy a sunset in Ibiza. This trip takes place every day throughout summer and leaves from a number of popular locations on the island, including San Antonio, San Miguel and Portinatx. The boat trip sails on early evenings to the bay of Benirras and is open to children and adults alike. This bay is regarded as one of the best and most beautiful in the world, making it a stunning place to watch the sunset, so don’t forget your camera.
- Explore the island of Ibiza by signing up for an Ibiza Jeep Safari. This action-packed excursion allows you to discover the rough terrain of the north, east and west of Ibiza, passing through numerous areas which you can only access by Jeep. There are two itineraries available – a shorter one and a longer one – guaranteeing something to suit all holidaymakers.
The big tour lasts around six hours and includes: lunch at a local restaurant and all transfers to and from your hotel.
The small tour lasts around 4.5 hours and includes: large stuffed baguette at the beach and all transfers to and from your hotel.
Both tours include a multilingual guide who speaks Spanish, English, German and Dutch. Participants are advised to bring along a hat, suntan lotion and a bottle of water.
Lighthouse in Ibiza, Spain
Where to stay
- When it comes to low-cost accommodation in Ibiza, Hostal Marino is a top choice. Located in Sant Antoni, within easy access of a myriad of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants, this complex offers a handful of services and facilities for guests to enjoy, such as: bar, restaurant, car hire, excursion booking, safety deposit box and multilingual staff. There are loads of rooms available – with everything from single rooms to junior suites – guaranteeing something to suit all budgets, tastes and group sizes. Each room comes equipped with: air conditioning, heating, safety deposit box, full bathroom with shower, TV and telephone.
- For something with a bit more luxury, consider staying at Hotel el Greco. Located in Portinatx, just a short walk away from the beach, this hotel provides guests with a wealth of amenities and services, including: daytime activities, bike rental, show cooking, children’s entertainment, gym, sun loungers and shades, kids’ club, outdoor parking, water park, private beach, 24-hour reception, buffet restaurant, water sports, table tennis, free WiFi access, playground, safety deposit box, shop and airport transfers. Guests at Hotel El Greco can choose between standard rooms, standard rooms with views and deluxe rooms, each of which can sleep up to four guests and features: twin beds, double beds available upon request, additional bed available upon request, cot available upon request, air conditioning, bathroom with bath or shower and hairdryer, telephone, satellite TV and balcony or terrace with furniture.
- Couples who plan on spending a lot of time at the beach during their holiday should consider staying at Sol Ibiza. This adults-only hotel is located on the Santa Eulalia bay and boasts fantastic views. Here you’ll find a choice of 259 standard rooms and double rooms with sea views, each of which comes complete with: private bathroom with hairdryer, air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, minibar, safety deposit box and balcony or terrace. There is a multitude of services and facilities available for guests to enjoy onsite, including: buffet restaurant, show cooking, poolside snack bar, piano bar, lounge bar, 24-hour reception, WiFi access, internet corner, laundry and ironing service, solarium with sun loungers, towel service, car rental, currency exchange, excursion booking, vending machines, outdoor swimming pool, indoor swimming pool, evening entertainment, meeting room, Turkish bath, hot tub, sauna and gym.
- Invisa Hotel Es Pla is another adults-only hotel, tucked in between the beach and a number of popular tourist attractions. Guests at this hotel are invited to take full advantage of all the services and amenities on offer, such as: restaurant, adults’ entertainment, children’s entertainment, games, shows, sports courts, tennis courts, table tennis, rifle shooting, gym, water sports, supermarket, hairdresser, swimming pool and solarium with sun loungers. There are single and double rooms available for guests to choose from, each of which comes complete with: full bathroom, air conditioning, terrace or balcony, telephone, satellite TV, mini fridge and safe.
- Hotel Tropical has been established since 1965, making it one of the longest running hotels in the area. Here guests can choose from 142 standard rooms, each of which can cater for between one and three guests. Each of the rooms at Hotel Tropical features: air conditioning, central heating, daily housekeeping, private bathroom with hairdryer and toiletries, international satellite TV, telephone, desk, mini fridge, safety deposit box and free WiFi access. There is a vast selection of services and facilities for guests to take advantage of, including: half board option, restaurant, themed dinners, bar lounge, swimming pool, gardens, terraces, snack bar, billiards, table tennis, mini golf, fitness centre and 24-hour reception.
Inside a Hotel Room in Ibiza, Spain
September events in Ibiza
28th September 2014
01/09/2014 - 6pm-midnight - This is Hard Rock Hotel Pitbull 02/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - Revealed Line-up TBA 03/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - Departures Closing Party Axwell Sebastian Ingrosso Zedd 04/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - Armin Van Buuren presents a State of Trance Armin Van Buuren Cosmic Gate Heatbeat Hazem Beltagui 06/09/2014 - 3pm-midnight - ANTS Maya Jane Coles Andrea Oliva Dense & Pika Hot Since 82 ONNO UNER B2B Technasia 07/09/2014 - 5pm - La Familia Joris Voorn Nic Fanciulli Derrick Carter Breach Oliver $ 09/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - Revealed Line-up TBA 11/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - Armin Van Buuren presents a State of Trance Closing Party Armin Van Buuren Andrew Rayel Alex M.O.R.P.H. Mark Sixma 13/09/2014 - 3pm-midnight - ANTS Andrea Oliva Danny Daze Lee Curtiss Los Suruba Timo Maas 14/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - La Familia Joris Voorn Nic Fanciulli Nick Curly Kölsch Huxley 19/09/2014 - 8pm-midnight - the Prodigy 20/09/2014 - 3pm-midnight - ANTS Andrea Oliva Deetron Tapesh The Mekanism + Special Secret Guest 21/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - La Familia Joris Voorn Nic Fanciulli Ame Hot Since 82 &ME 27/09/2014 - 3pm-midnight - ANTS Closing Party Andrea Oliva B2B UNER Deetron Los Suruba Tapesh More TBA 28/09/2014 - 5pm-midnight - La Familia Joris Voorn Nic Fanciulli Mark Fanciulli Special Guest TBA
26th September 2014
01/09/2014 - midnight - Neon Splash Plastik Funk OBEK & Mc Apster Rey Vercosa More TBA 02/09/2014 - midnight - Sunk Sean Tyas Max Graham Sied Van Riel Bjorn Akkeson Sam Mitcham Alex Ryan 03/09/2014 - midnight - Reverse Closing Party Fritz Kalkbrenner (live) Marco Yanes More TBA 05/09/2014 - midnight - SuperMartXé Line-up TBA 06/09/2014 - midnight - the Pharm Edu Imbernon M.In Henry Saiz Cesar Fauss Dcelis For Fun 08/09/2014 - midnight - Neon Splash Thomas Gold Danny Avila Les Freres Cowens DJ Licious 09/09/2014 - midnight - Sunk - Captured Festival After Party Menno De Jong Matt Hardwick Airwave The Space Brothers Greg Downey 12/09/2014 - midnight - SuperMartXé Line-up TBA 13/09/2014 - midnight - the Pharm Closing Party Tiefschwarz Arian 911 Dr. M2M (live) Anika Kunst Ignacio Morales Pedro Vicario Mikel Garcia Miguel Payda 15/09/2014 - midnight - Sunbeatz Ibiza DJ Marky Grooverider Mampi Swift Randall Heist Inter SP:MC Stormin Unknown 15/09/2014 - midnight - Neon Splash OBEK & MC Apster Rey Vercosa More TBA 16/09/2014 - midnight - Sunk - Pure Trance Solarstone John 00 Fleming Orkidea Sneijder Sam Mitcham Alex Ryan 19/09/2014 - SuperMartXé Line-up TBA 22/09/2014 - Neon Splash Closing Party Line-up TBA 23/09/2014 - midnight - Sunk Closing Party Andy Moor The Thrillseekers Jaytech Standerwick Sam Mitcham Alex Ryan 26/09/2014 - midnight - SuperMartXé Line-up TBA
Ibiza Rocks Line-Up
19th September 2014
03/09/2014 - 7.30pm-midnight - Ibiza Rocks Kaiser Chiefs Peace 05/09/2014 - 7.30pm-midnight - W.A.R.! - Bugged Out Weekender Takeover 2manydjs (DJ set) Friend Within Doorly 10/09/2014 - 7.30pm-midnight - Ibiza Rocks The Kooks More TBA 12/09/2014 - 7.30pm-midnight - W.A.R.! - Rinse FM Presents... Route 94 Jess Glynne Oneman & Asbo Yasmin Doorly Tom Shoterz 17/09/2014 - 7.30pm-midnight - Ibiza Rocks Closing Party Bombay Bicycle Club Dan Croll 19/09/2014 - 7.30pm-midnight - W.A.R.! Closing Party Mark Ronson & Zane Lowe Friend Within Doorly Anushka
Benimussa Park Line-Up
27th September 2014
04/09/2014 - 4.30pm-midnight - Holi Garden Festival Ibiza Line-up TBA 06/09/2014 - 4.30pm - midnight - the Zoo Project John Tejada (live) Taimur & Fahad Evan Baggs Binh Acid Mondays Karina 09/09/2014 - 4.30pm - midnight - Captured Festival Andy Moor Solarstone Giuseppe Ottaviani Ben Gold Max Graham Menno De Jong Jerome Isma-Ae Orkidea Signum Woody Van Eyden Will Atkinson Oliver Smith Sam Mitcham Alex Ryan More TBA 13/09/2014 - 4.30pm-midnight - the Zoo Project Burnski Funk E Jonathan Tena Jeancedric More TBA 20/09/2014 - 4.30pm-midnight - the Zoo Project Monika Kruse Matt Tolfrey Burnski Samuel Deep Federico Grazzini Lee Pennington Defex Jon Woodall 27/09/2014 - 4.30pm-midnight - the Zoo Project Closing Party Maribou State Giles Smith Federico Grazzini Acid Mondays Funk E Lee Pennington Karina Defex Milou Jeancedric Jonathan Tena
22nd September 2014 to 30th September 2014
22/09/2014 - midnight - Ibiza Rocks House 2manyDJs Fritz Kalkbrenner (live) Soul Clap The Magician Doorly Antz Griff 23/09/2014 - midnight - Flower Power Closing Party DJ Piti Sebastian Gamboa Angel Linde Willie Graff Graham Sahara 24/09/2014 - midnight - Aoki's Playhouse Closing Party Steve Aoki SBCR (Bloody Beetroots DJ set) Clockwork Uberjak'd Danny Wade Ted Nilsson Marko Liv White Noise Angel Linde Graham Sahara 25/09/2014 - midnight - **** Me I'm Famous David Guetta Daddy's Groove JP Candela More TBA 26/09/2014 - midnight - Wisdom of the Glove goes...Insane Guy Gerber Magda Tiga Angel Linde Pippi Willie Graff 27/09/2014 - midnight - Pure Pacha - Paris by Night Bob Sinclar Kenny Dope Shermanology Danny Howard Mucho Muchacho 28/09/2014 - midnight - Solomun +1 Solomun Adriatique Willie Graff Graham Sahara 29/09/2014 - midnight - Ibiza Rocks House MK Derrick Carter 2Bears dOP Doorly Antz Griff 30/09/2014 - midnight - DJ Awards 2014 Angel Linde Danny Wade Dazzla More TBA Willie Graff Graham Sahara
DC-10 Ibiza Line-Up
29th September 2014
01/09/2014 - 4.30pm - Circo Loco Line-up TBA 03/09/2014 - 11pm - Paradise Jamie Jones Dyed Soundorom Dusky Skream wAFF 08/09/2014 - 4.30pm - Circo Loco Line-up TBA 10/09/2014 - 11pm - Paradise Jamie Jones Claude VonStroke Dungeon Meat Matt Tolfrey Robert James Patrick Topping 15/09/2014 - 4.30pm Line-up TBA 17/09/2014 - 11pm - Paradise Jamie Jones Joseph Capriati Luca C Paul C / Paolo Martini Mark Jenkyns 22/09/2014 - 4.30pm - Circo Loco Line-up TBA 24/09/2014 - 11pm - Paradise Closing Party Jamie Jones Dixon Ame Cajmere Deetron Kink (live) Infinity Ink Richy Ahmed Robert James Russ Yallop Mark Jenkyns 29/09/2014 - 4.30pm - Circo Loco Line-up TBA
Sankeys Ibiza Line-Up
22nd September 2014 to 30th September 2014
22/09/2014 - midnight - Duke Dumont presents Blasé Boys Club Closing Party Duke Dumont Jax Jones Andy Baxter Duke Dumont (techno set) Rosario Robert Miles Alex Wolfenden 23/09/2014 - midnight - FUSE Enzo Siragusa Nima Gorji Dewalta Seb Zito More TBA 24/09/2014 - 10pm - Tribal Sessions Alan Fitzpatrick Darius Syrossian Francois K Holly Lester Jozef K Manu Gonzalez Shlomi Aber Terry Francis 25/09/2014 - midnight - Cuff Amine Edge & Dance Sion Sirus Hood Syap 26/09/2014 - midnight - Flying Circus Closing Party Audiofly M.A.N.D.Y. Martin Buttrich (live) Blond:ish Dance Spirit (live) Oliver Walker Mia Lucci Deep City Soul 27/09/2014 - midnight - Magna Carta ADELANTE Closing Party East End Dubs Samu.L Chris Lattner Chicks Luv Us & Medeew 28/09/2014 - midnight - VIVa Warriors Closing Party Steve Lawler Special Guest TBA Detlef Anek Mathew Jonson (live) Sante Zohki & Roozlee Randall M & Friends 30/09/2014 - midnight - FUSE Closing Party Enzo Siragusa Julian Perez Seb Zito Rossko Luke Miskelly Samuel Bellis More TBA
Space Ibiza Line-Up
23rd September 2014 to 28th September 2014
23/09/2014 - 8pm - Carl Cox - Music is Revolution Closing Party Carl Cox Loco Dice tINI DJ Sneak Yousef Just Be (Bushwacka!) DJ Sneak (sunset set) Igor Marijuan Andy Baxter (after midnight) Hofer66 Clara Da Costa Quini7 Eóin Smyth 24/09/2014 - 11pm - Ibiza Calling Closing Party ATB Gelab Camilo Franco Ramon Castells Very Special Guest TBA 25/09/2014 - 9pm - ENTER Richie Hawtin Chris Liebing Matador Maceo Plex Heidi B2B Jackmaster Amber Tale Of Us (22.00 start) Bella Sarris Hito Deepchord JPLS 26/09/2014 - 11pm - Clandestin presents FULL ON Ibiza Closing Party Ferry Corsten Sied Van Riel DubVision Paul Reynolds 27/09/2014 - 10pm - Kehakuma/Elrow Ibiza Closing Party Fritz Kalkbrenner Special Guest TBA Marc Maya Raul Mezcolanza Toni Varga Levon Vincent Trevino Javi Bora 28/09/2014 - 4.30pm - We Love Closing Party Rudimental (DJ set) James Zabiela Gorgon City Jem Haynes Vs. Jason Bye Skream Bicep Paul Woolford Ben UFO Special Guest TBA Mr Doris Amp & Deck David Phillips Daisy Heartbreaker Andy Carroll Ian Blevins
25th September 2014
Every Thursday between May and September, the Balansat local dance group will perform traditional folk dancing of Ibiza. Performances take place at 6.15pm at the San Miquel Church Square in Sant Miquel de Balansat.
SUP Magic Xtreme Ibiza Tour
24th September 2014 to 28th September 2014
The SUP Magic Xtreme Ibiza Tour covers 125km across five stages, with the participants travelling between 20 and 30km each day whilst taking in the beautiful coastline of Ibiza. The top three winners of each category will receive a trophy plus SUP equipment. Everyone who takes part will receive gifts from local sponsors and products typical of Ibiza. During the competition, professional instructors will also be holding SUP demonstrations and workshops in various languages.
Family-Friendly Museum Workshops
27th September 2014 to 28th September 2014
The Museo Puig des Molins museum in Eivissa hosts family-friendly workshops for families consisting of at least one adult and one child aged between six and 12. A different workshop is held each day, covering all sorts of activities. Workshops take place inside the Es Porxet Farmhouse between 11am and 1pm and you need to book your places in advance.
Sant Miquel de Balanzat Festival
29th September 2014
The Sant Miquel de Balanzat Festival is held in honour of the Patron Saint of San Miquel and takes place in Sant Miquel de Balansat. During this festival there is a wide range of activities suitable for all ages and tastes, from traditional dances and farmers' markets in the church square to informative talks and excursions in the local area.
30th September 2014
The 17th edition of the DJ Awards will take place this year at Pacha Ibiza in Eivissa. This award ceremony covers a total of 11 categories and the winners are decided by audience votes online.