Averages for Corfu Town in September

SEPTEMBER

Weather Lowdown

In September, summer starts to drift away from Corfu Town, albeit slowly, with averages of about 23°C (73°F). Highs peak at around 28°C (82°F) and lows drop down to 17°C (62°F).

There are about 12:30 hours of sunlight on average, which gradually decreases by about 1:14 over the course of the month. The lo...

Read more

Averages for Corfu Town in September

  Temperature 23°C

73°F

Low Temperature 17°C

63°F

  High Temperature 28°C

82°F

  Sunshine Hours 8 hrs
  Chance of Sunny Day 43 %
  Rainfall 40mm
  Rainfall days 8 days
  Chance of Rain 28 %
  Chance of Cloudy Day 8 %
  Sea Temperature 24°C

75°F

Chance of Windy Day 5 %
Daily averages for September

Daily averages for September

Loading weather data. Please wait…

Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
°C 25 25 24 24 24 24 23 23 23 24 24 23 23 22 23 23 23 23 23 23 22 22 22 21 22 22 22 21 21 21
°F 77 77 75 75 75 75 73 73 73 75 75 73 73 72 73 73 73 73 73 73 72 72 72 70 72 72 72 70 70 70

Averages for Corfu Town in September

SEPTEMBER

Weather Lowdown

In September, summer starts to drift away from Corfu Town, albeit slowly, with averages of about 23°C (73°F). Highs peak at around 28°C (82°F) and lows drop down to 17°C (62°F).

There are about 12:30 hours of sunlight on average, which gradually decreases by about 1:14 over the course of the month. The longest day of the month is September 1 with 13 hours of daylight; the shortest day is September 30 with 11:50 hours.

The average sea temperature in September 24°C (75°F)--still warm enough to go swimming!

There is little rainfall in September, with only 40mm to be expected. Usually you would expect to see some rainfall on about 5 days throughout the month, so it might be an idea to pack one of those pac-a-macs. When it does rain, it may be moderate rain or the occasional thunderstorm.

The skies above Corfu Town in September are mostly clear, with only 19%-35% chance of cloud cover, increasing slightly over the month. Humidity ranges from comfortable (46%) to very humid (95%), with most dry days occurring around September 1. Daily wind speeds vary from calm to moderate breeze, rarely exceeding 32 kmph (20 mph). These winds typically blow in from the south or southeast.

Overall, September is still warm, with a gradual decrease in temperature as autumn takes its hold. Around September 1, averages are at 24°C (75°F), with highs of 29°C (85°F) and lows of 19°C (66°F). By mid-month, averages are 22°C (72°F), highs of 27°C (81°F) and lows of 63°F (17°C). By the end of September, averages are 20°C (68°F), highs of 25°C (78°F) and lows of 16°C (61°F).

Where to Stay

The weather in September is still nice enough to make a hotel near the beach an appealing prospect. The Aquis Park Hotel in Gouvia, 8 km the north of Corfu Town, gives you the best of both worlds. Set among the tranquil surroundings of citrus and evergreens, the hotel is just 500 metres from the beach and organised water sports. The stunning landscaped gardens measure an impressive 20,000 square metres. Rooms are available with garden or sea view, and there are two restaurants and two bars. The hotel also offers outdoor swimming pools, children’s playground, table tennis, conference hall, gift shop and Greek folklore entertainment.

If you’d rather stay in the heart of the old section of Corfu Town, then consider the Arcadion Hotel. The Arcadion overlooks the Spianada and the arcades of Liston, so the guys can return to the hotel and relax with a drink while the ladies go out shopping for souvenirs!

Liston arcades at night

Drink and relax or shop the arcades of Liston, Corfu.

Things to Do

If you like money, and let’s face it, we all do, you may feel like wandering down to the Numismatic Museum in St. Spiridon Square. As well as featuring an exhibition showing how banknotes are produced, the museum has a rare collection of bank notes from all over the globe.

A good way to get to know your surroundings is to go on an organised tour. The Grand Island Tour will take you to all the important places on Corfu. You’ll be transported by luxury air-conditioned coach, and a professional guide will tell you everything you need to know about the sites you visit.

Hit the Beach

Corfu Town has a number of decent beaches within walking distance, nice for a quick dip or day of windsurfing. If you really want pristine waters, however, try a bit south at the beaches from Benitses to Bouka. The east coastline is speckled with sandy and pebble beaches, calm surf and plenty of nightlife. The region is also easily accessible by car.

Eating & Drinking Out

Tavernas are synonymous with Greece, but the La Tabernita Restaurant (Agios Gordios) has a Mexican twist! Here you can enjoy Mexican food and cocktails while listening to Latin American music.

Alternatively there Corfu Sailing Club Restaurant (Mandraki), situated right on the harbour by the Old Fortress. As expected, seafood features prominently here, from local fish caught right off the shore to mussels and scallops. Meat-eaters will find the Venetian calves’ liver a delight, while vegetarians should try the moussaka. Top off with a cheese pie in honey and light Corfiot wine for dessert.

The Venetian Well (Kremasti Square) is a romantic delight, set around a 17th century well in the old town. Dishes tend toward the Mediterranean, with prawns, black angus steak, fresh salads and Greek and international wines. Open all year round, be sure to make a reservation as this restaurant tends to book up early.

Your Holiday Weather Settings

Show temperature in:
Show distance in:
Select your weather icons: