Tavira Weather June Averages, Portugal
What's the weather like in Tavira in June?
Summer is in full swing in Tavira in June with rapidly rising temperatures and dropping rainfall chances. The average daily temperature for this part of the Algarve province in Portugal is 21°C (around 70°F), almost perfect in terms of warmth. The lows only drop down to 16°C (about 61°F) and those temperatures typically only happen at night and in the early morning hours. You can expect highs going all the way up to 25°C (around 77°F), ideal for being outside exploring and enjoying the sun.
As you pack your suitcase for your June holiday away to the resort, be sure to throw in a light jacket or sweater for the evening hours, especially if you'll be outside. The rest of the time, you can wear typical summer clothes like short-sleeved shirts, shorts, and flip-flops for the beach. You'll want sturdier shoes if you plan on doing any walking.
This area gets about 13 hours of sunshine per day, more than plenty of time to see all the resort has to offer. The chance of a sunny day is 67 percent and the chance of clouds is 33 percent.
Don't worry about packing an umbrella for your stay; only around 8 mm of rain falls during this time of the year. That amount of rain falls over 5 days, so even if it does rain while you're there, more than likely it will be light and short-lived. Check the local forecast before you head out each day to see what the weather holds.
The average ocean temperature is a nice 20°C (about 68°F), so jump on in and cool off from the warm outside air. This area doesn't see much in the way of extreme weather, but the highest recorded temperature was a sweltering 37°C (around 99°F). The lowest recorded temperature went down to 11°C (about 53°F).
Hotels in Tavira in June
Pousada de Tavira Historic Hotel
For a stay in Tavira that oozes traditional charm, make your reservations at the Pousada de Tavira Historic Hotel. This beautiful four-star hotel is a converted convent that is located within a short walk from the centre of town with restaurants, bars, and attractions. Hotel amenities include swimming pool, kids' pool, laundry service, 24-hour reception desk, and free internet. Feel free to bring along your furry friends too; this hotel is pet-friendly.
Pedras de Rainha Resort Village
For the traveller who would like to relax in peace and quiet, the Pedras de Rainha Resort Village is a wonderful choice. The resort consists of a collection of white villas set in a 40-acre garden outside the centre of town. Even though it's set apart from the town, it's still near an 18-hole golf course and you can even bike or take a buggy to get there from the hotel. Also, the train station that can take you to Spain is within a short trip of the hotel.
Located near the banks of the Ria Gilao that runs through Tavira, Residencial Mares is a great option for travellers who want to live like locals. This property contains several modest yet comfortable rooms that come with a flat screen television and free Wi-Fi. Breakfast is included in the room rate so you can save money and fuel up before the day's adventures. The hotel is located near the city centre, so you can easily walk to numerous restaurants and bars.
Beaches in Tavira in June
Located on the very eastern tip of Tavira Island, Tavira Beach invites guests to enjoy the warm sand and blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The average ocean temperature this month is 20°C (about 68°F), plenty warm for a swim. You can access the beach via a main walkway and get to the island by using the ferry from the centre of Tavira or by taking a ferry from the pier at Four Waters. The CostaBeach company offers amenities like lifeguards, rental huts, and loungers, and has won the Blue Flag award.
Bars and Restaurants
Delizia de Cabanas
Whether you want a quick snack or are looking for a delicious after-dinner treat, Delizia de Cabanas sells some of the best gelato and ice cream in the area. The shop uses all-natural ingredients in its treats. It also has low-fat and low-sugar options for those patrons with dietary restrictions. If you can't decide what you want from the tons of flavours served each day, you can try different samples until you find just the one you want.
For small plates and tapas, check out D'Gusta, located near the River Gilao in Tavira. Thanks to its popularity with locals and visitors alike, D'Gusta accepts reservations and you'll want to get yours in early to guarantee a table. The menu includes Mediterranean favourites like goat cheese, flaming sausage, ginger prawns, chicken kabobs, and raw tuna. Take advantage of the outdoor seating with views of the river to enjoy your small bites and yummy cocktails.
Restaurante Brisa do Rio
Choose Restaurante Brisa do Rio if you're looking for authentic Portuguese food. The menu includes favourites like duck with orange sauce, pork with clams, and numerous fresh fish dishes. If you want to enjoy the warm weather, head out to the cute patio with seating. To complement the dishes, the restaurant has an extensive wine menu with several house choices. It also serves beer and cocktails and is open late for after-dinner drinks or partying.
Things to Do in Tavira in June
Enjoy the hot June temperatures and explore the Algarve region via the waterways on a canoe or kayak tour through Kayak-Lagos. The company offers several different tour options including the popular kayak cave trip. During the three-hour kayak cave trip, you'll travel through the caves and then stop on a deserted beach where you can swim and snorkel. The tours are open to people with all different experience levels and guests ages five years old and up.
Tuk Tuk Tours
For a different and exciting way to see the town of Tavira, go on a tuk tuk tour with Tuk Tuk Tavira. A tuk tuk is a three-wheeled bike vehicle with a driver that pedals the rig. The passengers sit in the back and get to see all the sites of the area from a different perspective. Open to people of all ages, the company offers a wide variety of tuk tuk tours including sightseeing, foodie tours, and shopping excursions.
The Atlantic Ocean stays fairly warm all year round and so any month is the perfect time to try scuba diving with U Diving. From beginners to advanced divers, the company offers classes to teach you how to dive or hone your skills. The company has two training rooms, equipment maintenance shop, and an air filling station. For the dives, you can visit numerous sites that include rock formations, reefs, and shipwrecks.
Holiday Weather Blog
Best Places to Go For Winter Sun in December ☀️🏝🤿
December is a great time to escape to sunnier climates in order to avoid the harsh British winter that plagues the UK every year. Tenerife 🇮🇨 Tenerife Weather Lowdown December: Tenerife has always been thought of as the Island of Eternal Spring and this is especially true for the month of December. Whilst much of […]
Most Popular Blogs
Passenger Locator Form-WATCH OUT for your PCR reference !!!
When travelling back to the UK from your trip or holiday you are required to complete a Passenger Locator Form within 48 hours of your departure back to the UK. This is a straightforward form, however where you have to complete your valid PCR Test booking Reference on the form, it has to be letters […]