Ko Samui Weather June Averages, Thailand

    Ko Samui Weather for June 2022

    What's the Weather like in Ko Samui in June

    June is usually regarded as the beginning of the peak tourist season in most beach resorts. Although the island of Ko Samui already receives plenty of tourists throughout the year, the number increases significantly in June as most students embark on their summer vacations.

    Temperature

    The island experiences hot and wet weather throughout June. The average day temperature in June is 29°C, one degree less than May, which was the hottest month of the year. The average daily high temperature is 32°C and the daily low temperature is 26°C. This makes June the second-hottest month of the year, together with April. These average daily highs and lows don't change in the course of the month and every day is as hot as the previous one.

    Sea Temperature

    The sea temperature is still 28°C, which it has been since April and will stay until September.

    Rain

    June falls in the second part of the hot season, a part that is sometimes also called the mini-monsoon season. The total amount of rainfall in June is 100mm, which somehow is 60mm less than the previous month. The number of rainy days has stayed the same though. June has nine days of rainfall, which, of course, also means that there are 21 days without rain. The average probability that some type of precipitation occurs on any given day is 52% in June, a percentage that varies only slightly in the course of the month.

    June 1 tends to be the driest day of the month with a 49% chance of rainfall. June 31 is generally the wettest day with a 53% chance. The two most common types of precipitation in June are thunderstorms and light rain, which are observed on respectively 47% and 43% of the rainy days. These heavy storms and showers generally don't last long and they are great to cool things down a little.

    Humidity

    The average humidity in June is 80% and doesn't change much throughout the month. As a tropical destination, the island is always subject to high humidity. June has only three fog days, one day more than the absolute minimum of two days in September.

    The June skies tend to be pretty cloudy and get even cloudier towards the end of the month. June 1 is the clearest day of the month with 81% of cloud cover; by June 31 that percentage has increased to 86%. Cloudy skies obviously also result in less sunshine.

    Sunshine Hours

    Although Ko Samui does get plenty of sunshine throughout the year, it is somewhat restricted by the clouds and rain. As such, the island only averages 6 hours of sunshine a day in June. This number of sunshine hours per day will stay the same all through the wet season, until the beginning of December.

    The length of the days in June is constant. The shortest day of the month is June 1 with 12.39 hours of daylights. June 20 is the longest day of the month and also of the year and has 12.41 hours of daylight. By June 30 there is one minute less daylight, at 12.40 hours.

    Ko Samui Hotels in June

    Q Signature Samui Beach Resort

    One of the resorts on Choeng Mon Beach is the four-star Q Signature Samui Beach Resort. This elegant resort lies on a hillside and consists of 123 luxury pavilions and private pool villas, all equipped with baths, a walk-in shower, balcony, flat-screen TV and air-conditioning. Other amenities and services are a large meeting room, butler service, limousine service, a spa, three restaurants and a fitness centre.

    Tango Luxe Beach Villa

    Another Choeng Mon resort is Tango Luxe Beach Villa. This accommodation features a collection of modern pool villas. The fourteen villas come with a private pool, 42-inch flat-screen TV, balcony, iPod docking station and bathroom with a bath and power shower. Each villa has a private entrance and an in-villa breakfast is served every morning. In addition to these classy villas, the resort also has a stylish lobby, a spa with treatment rooms, steam baths and Jacuzzis, a beachside infinity swimming pool, a private beach, two restaurants and a bar. They regularly organise theme nights and beach barbecues.

    Ko Samui Beach for June

    Choeng Mon

    Choeng Mon consists of a series of bays with white sandy beaches in the northwest of Ko Samui and is much fancier than its quiet neighbor Big Buddha. The beach has a rock formation on one end and a small island on the other; you can paddle out to the island if you want to.

    Choeng Mon is a very family-friendly area, dominated by a few high-end resorts. Compared to other towns and beaches on the island, Choeng Mon doesn't have a lot of activity going on. This is because most of the entertainment and activities are kept within the resorts. This is a popular place among older people and package-tour crowds, mostly hailing from European countries, such as France and Germany. There is virtually no cheap accommodation to be found in this area. Still, if you're looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway and empty beaches, this may be your best bet.

    Bars and Restaurants

    Stacked

    One of the trendiest and funkiest places to go for a bite to eat is Stacked, located in the heart of Chaweng and close to the beach. This is an all-American restaurant with an outdoor seating area overlooking the busy road and an indoor area inspired by American surf culture. They serve everything from gourmet seafood and plain-old fish and chips to steaks and burgers. Burgers are this restaurant's specialty and the selection is overwhelming. The drink menu includes local beers, spirits and refreshing cocktails.

    9Gems Lounge Restaurant

    9Gems Lounge Restaurant is without question one of the best restaurants on the island, but, rather unfortunately, also has the prices to prove it. If you are able to splurge, though, this is definitely a recommended place to go for dinner. Located on a hillside just outside of Chaweng, the dining areas offers 360° panoramic views of the lush surroundings.

    The restaurant includes basement parking, a LED-lit swimming pool, Philip Stark designed chairs, white marbles tables, sliding glass doors and terrazzo floors. The LED lights slowly change colours, creating different moods in this high-end restaurant. The wine list is incredible, but expensive. If you like a certain piece of the restaurant's furniture and have loads of cash, you can buy it.

    Things to do in Ko Samui in June

    Samui Football Golf

    Did you know that Thailand created a new sport? Football golf is an original and fun game that was invented in the country and is becoming more and more popular. You can play it at Samui Football Golf. It's not hard to imagine what the game is like; it is a hybrid of football and golf, a game that requires players to kick a football into eighteen holes in as few attempts as possible.

    Located close to Chaweng, Big Buddha and Lamai Beaches on the ring road in the northeast of the island, Samui Football Golf offers a fun and alternative afternoon activity. A game takes at least an hour. The course is set in a beautiful lush tropical garden and coconut plantation, creating a perfect mix of a leisurely garden stroll and competitive sports. There are easy and difficult routes you can choose from and every single hole is different. So, there aren't any repeats and every hole provides a new challenge. Obstacles include U-turns, ditches, dog-legs, coconut logs and trees.

    You can buy refreshments at the reception. At hole 11 and 18 you will receive a free soft drink and a cool towel. The course has its own pick-up truck, a convenient way to get back to your accommodation.

    Samui Aquarium and Tiger Zoo

    Another major attraction on the island is the Samui Aquarium and Tiger Zoo. There you can get up close to colourful tropical birds, marine life and other exotic wildlife. This excellent attraction makes for a great afternoon activity, especially if you're travelling with children. The aquarium houses marine life that is home to the Gulf of Thailand, including nurse sharks, catfish, manta rays and numerous species of tropical fish.

    A designated area allows visitors to feed the sea turtles, definitely a popular thing to do for kids! The aquarium is designed to resemble an old fishermen's village and to give visitors an insight into the region's history. The zoo is home to many colourful birds, such as hornbills and parrots, and sea eagles; and monkeys and otters; but the animals most visitors come for are the tigers and leopards.

    There are daily tiger, otter and sea lion shows, exciting performances that offer a close-up view of some of the most exotic and powerful animals in the world. The aquarium and zoo are open every day of the week.

    Your Holiday Weather Settings

    Show temperature in:
    Show distance in: