flag Icmeler , Average Weather December

  • High Temperature
  • Low Temperature
  • Sea Temperature
  • Temperature
  • Rainfall

    174 mm
  • Rainfall Days

    13 days
  • Sunshine Hours

    3 hours

Slide and Tap Other Months

December daily averages


December daily averages for Icmeler

  • 1st
    17 63
  • 2nd
    18 64
  • 3rd
    17 63
  • 4th
    15 59
  • 5th
    15 59
  • 6th
    16 61
  • 7th
    14 57
  • 8th
    13 55
  • 9th
    14 57
  • 10th
    13 55
  • 11th
    13 55
  • 12th
    12 54
  • 13th
    13 55
  • 14th
    13 55
  • 15th
    12 54
  • 16th
    13 55
  • 17th
    14 57
  • 18th
    13 55
  • 19th
    11 52
  • 20th
    12 54
  • 21st
    13 55
  • 22nd
    12 54
  • 23rd
    12 54
  • 24th
    12 54
  • 25th
    12 54
  • 26th
    12 54
  • 27th
    12 54
  • 28th
    13 55
  • 29th
    13 55
  • 30th
    12 54
  • 31st
    10 50

What's the Weather like in Icmeler in December 

December is one of the coldest months of the year in Icmeler. That being said, the Mediterranean climate ensures that the winters remain short and mild and are favourable to the UK winters.


The average daily high temperature in December is 9°C, a significant five-degree drop since November. The average daily low temperature has dropped three degrees and is now 5°C. The overall average day temperature is 7°C, making December the third-coldest month of the year, after January and February. Those temperatures decrease in the course of the month. The daily highs and lows in the beginning of the month are about three degrees higher than at the end of the month.

Sea Temperature

The temperature of the Mediterranean and Aegean Seas is also dropping to chilly temperatures and now averages 18°C, barely two degrees more than the annual minimum sea temperature of 16°C in February and March.


November already saw a significant increase in rainfall and December continues that trend. It is one of the two wettest months of the year, with a total amount of precipitation of 174mm and no less than 13 days with rainfall almost double the number of rainy days in November. Only January receives more rain. The likelihood that it will rain on any given day in December varies only slightly in the course of the month. December 1 is historically the driest day of the month with a chance of rainfall of 40%. December 31 has a 44% chance that it will rain. Three types of precipitation are observed this month. Thunderstorms are the most common and happen on 56% of those 13 days with rainfall. Light rain occurs on 30% of the rainy days, while moderate rain is observed on 14% of those days.


Cloud cover increases throughout the month as well and reaches its yearly maximum at the end of the month. December 1 has 72% of cloud cover; December 31 has 79% of cloud cover, the yearly maximum percentage of cloud cover that is shared with January 1.


Maximal cloud cover, of course, also means minimal sunshine. And indeed, the average day in December sees only three hours of sunshine, the absolute minimum amount of the entire year. Only January has similarly dark days.

Talking about dark days, December 21 is the shortest day of the year with 9.39 hours of daylight. All December days are pretty much of the same length. December 1 is the longest day of the month with 9.50 daylight hours; December 31 has 9.42 hours of daylight.

The days in December are classified as cool (60%) and cold (38%) and it is a wet and dark month. Spending the festive period in Icmeler is still a popular option with many tourists though, despite that drop in temperatures. It is particularly ideal if you want to take advantage of the lower temperatures and participate in the range of outdoor activities that are available in the area.

Icmeler Hotels in December 

Vela Hotel Icmeler

Vela Hotel Icmeler is located in the centre of the resort, close to all restaurants and shops and within easy walking distance from the beachfront. It has 98 large rooms divided between five buildings. All rooms have ceramic-tiled floors, a mini-bar, LCD TV and air-conditioning. Other amenities are an outdoor pool, lobby and pool bar, sun garden and open-buffet restaurant.

Grand Pasa

For luxury you should book a room at Grand Pasa, a five-star accommodation in nearby Marmaris, the resort's big brother. This is an all-inclusive resort with 271 well-equipped rooms and an impressive array of amenities. It has a cafeteria, restaurants and several bars. Other facilities and amenities include an indoor pool very welcome on a cold December day and outdoor pool, a gymnasium, a wellness centre, Turkish baths, disco, jewellery shop and boutique, and a car rental service. Children can enjoy themselves at the kids' playground and mini-club.

Bars and Restaurants 

Wembley Bar

The Wembley Bar is a great spot for food and drinks, not surprisingly very popular among Brits. Located in the Old Village of the resort, the restaurant and bar offer great pub food and a fun atmosphere. The large TV screens in the bar allow you to cheer on your favourite sports team, while the restaurant serves full Scottish and English breakfasts, lunch and dinner. The food consists of your typical pub food, ranging from burgers to fish and chips. In addition to atmosphere, drinks and food, the Wembley Bar also has a free pool table and free Wi-Fi.

Things to do in Icmeler in December 

Authentic Turkish Bath

As one of the coldest and wettest months of the year, December surely invites you to spend some time inside. What better time of year to experience an authentic Turkish bath! Turkish baths offer the ultimate bathing and spa experience, including everything from saunas to olive oil massages. They consist of three types of rooms: the cold, warm and hot rooms. The cold room is where you change into your bathing suit. In the warm room you will spend as much time as necessary to let your body adapt to the change in temperature. There you can also enjoy typically Turkish drinks. The hot room is where to actual Turkish bath is located. It is the place where you relax, enjoy massages, body scrubs and all kinds of therapies.


One of the absolute highlights of a trip to Turkey is a trip to Ephesus, with its complex of ancient ruins. This is a full-day trip from the resort and is a strongly recommended thing to do. Attractions include the Temple of Artemis, the Library of Celsius, the Basilica of St. John, the Hadrian Temple, the House of Virgin Mary and the Grand Theatre, an amphitheatre that had a capacity of 25,000. Ephesus played a major role in early Christianity and is associated with biblical figures such as the Virgin Mary, St. John and St. Paul who are said to have visited the city or lived there. There is a catholic church on site, as well as sources of holy water and a wishing wall, where locals and visitors leave ribbons, handkerchiefs and ropes with good wishes to family and friends.

Icmeler Holiday Reviews

Slide and Tap for more Icmeler Weather Averages