Grand Cayman Weather January Averages, Cayman Islands
What's the Weather like in Grand Cayman in January
January is a warm month in the Grand Cayman resort, the Cayman Islands. Daily temperatures in Grand Cayman are constant throughout the month. The lowest average temperature is 23C (73.4F), around 6:30 am. On average, the highest temperature is 28C (82.4F), around 1:30 pm. Occasional cool winds blow from the direction of the U.S.A., which tends to lower minimum (night) temperatures below 20C (68F). Except on these occasions, you won't need anything more than light clothes during your stay.
Statistics state that the coldest day of the year is January 30, with temperatures barely, if at all, different from the aforementioned averages.
January is a very sunny month in Grand Cayman Island. The chance of cloudy sky on January 1 is 24% while that percentage gradually drops to 19% on January 31. An average day has around 65% chance to be cloudless or mostly clear, 10% to be partially cloudy, and 25% to be mostly cloudy or overcast.
The average number of sunshine hours in this period is 8 hours per day.
Weather is, in general, dry here in the first month of the year. On average, January has 7 rainy days, with approximately 50 mm (2 in) of rainfall in total. Rainfall usually comes in the form of thunderstorms and showers during evening hours.
Variations in the total precipitation in the course of the month are insignificant. They range between 16 mm (0.63 in), at the beginning of the period, and 13 mm (0.51 in), at the end of the month. The probability of rain decreases as time passes from 10% during early January to 7% by the time February arrives.
Therefore, rain shouldn't play a major role in your plans for coming to the holiday here in the month of January.
In Grand Cayman, it is usually windy throughout the year, and January is no exception. Wind speed is usually within limits characteristic to the moderate breeze, which is 7 m/s. In that regard, the first half of January is windier than the second. The average speed of the wind on January 1 is 6.9 m/s while that value drops to 6.5 m/s on January 31. Mornings are usually windier than evenings this time of the year.
Grand Cayman features high humidity in January, as well as the rest of the year. The percentage of the humidity is firmly around 90%, which marks the boundary between comfortable and muggy conditions. According to statistics, chances for a muggy day drop as time passes. The lowest chance of having a muggy day is on January 30 90% of the time. The muggiest day is January 1, with muggy conditions 91% of the time.
Sunrise and Sunset
Sunrise in Grand Cayman occurs between 6:59 am and 7:01 am throughout January. As the end of the month approaches, daylight becomes longer. On January 1, sunset is at 5:58 pm. On January 31, the sun sets at 6:17 pm.
Average Sea Temperature
In January, the sea temperature is ideal for swimming and other activities in the waters around Grand Cayman Island. Variations in water temperatures are subtle, if that, being 27C (80.6F) most of the time. They never rise over that value or drop below 26C (78.8F) in the first month of the year.
Because of the north winds, the sea around Grand Cayman tends to become restless in winter. If that happens, you need to keep vessels in safe harbors to avoid damage, or even destruction. In extreme occasions, big waves could splash debris on the coastal roads, blocking them.
Hotels for Grand Cayman in January
January is in the middle of the high season in Grand Cayman. Therefore, make sure to reserve the desired accommodation as early as possible. 3 months in advance should be enough.
Sunshine Suites Resort
Sunshine Suites Resort is a 3-star property within a walking distance to Seven Miles Beach. The hotel is around 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) away from the center of George Town. It has free parking and Wi-Fi. Rooms feature flat-screen TVs and private balconies. Toiletries and a hairdryer are some free extras. The resort also offers shuttles to 7 Mile Beach.
Westin Grand Cayman
Westin Grand Cayman is a 4-star resort and spa, 7 kilometers (4.3 miles) away from George Town. Some amenities guests of this resort enjoy are an outdoor pool, sauna, fitness center and a private section of Seven Mile Beach. Wi-Fi is free, and every room disposes of a flat-screen TV. Parking is available on-site.
The Ritz-Carlton is another resort facing popular Seven Miles Beach. The property has 5 stars. Rooms have comfortable furnishings, flat-screen TVs and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free parking and Wi-Fi are available, too. The Ritz-Carlton features water sports facilities, a swimming pool and a fitness center. It also has an international restaurant.
Caribbean Club is a 5-star resort located on 7 Miles Beach. This luxurious establishment disposes of suites and villas, a fitness center and free parking among other facilities. Concierge and in-room massage services are on offer, too. Furthermore, the Caribbean Club has a meeting room for business travelers. The property has a beachfront access with lounge chairs available to its guests.
Beaches for January for Grand Cayman
Rum Point Beach
Rum Point Beach assumes a beautiful location on the north side of Grand Cayman. Verdant vegetation, including palms, edges the white-sand beach while turquoise waters extend as far as the eye can see. The water is shallow and ideal for kids. Water sports are available in the vicinity. Furthermore, visitors of this amazing beach could count on showers, changing rooms and pleasant beach bars.
Seven Mile Beach
Seven Mile Beach is another gorgeous beach of Grand Cayman. It is very long and suitable for various activities, including daydreaming, snorkeling, picnicking and fine dining. Beach bars, hotels and palm trees line 7 Mile Beach on one side. The blue infinity of the Caribbean Sea borders this stretch of fine sand on the other.
Stingray City is a unique place located far away from the coastline of Grand Cayman. The waters here are shallow enough for you to stand firmly on the seabed on your feet. The name of this attraction relates to southern stingrays that come here. Stingrays can grow up to 1.8 meters in length. They don't flinch from humans, so you will have excellent opportunities to examine them here.
Restaurants and Bars for Grand Cayman in January
Rum Point Club
Rum Point Club offers refreshments and dining opportunities. It has a convenient location on the beach of the same name. Many people pay a visit to the club before catching a boat to the Stingray City or upon returning from there. The restaurant serves Caribbean specialties.
Pardise Seaside Grill
Paradise Seaside Grill, in George Town, is minutes away from the cruise terminal. It serves Caribbean specialties based on fresh seafood and operates daily from 10 am to 10 pm. The restaurant offers nice views of the sea.
Casanova by the Sea
Casanova by the Sea is the Italian and Mediterranean restaurant in George Town. It operates daily from 11 am (5 pm on Sunday) to 10:30 pm. Make sure to reserve the table on the terrace, from where you can watch the sunset.
Fidel Murphy's Irish Pub
Fidel Murphy's Irish Pub, located on 7 Mile Beach in George Town, is the right place for fans of English Premiere League. The pub is open from 8 am to 12 am (1 am on Friday). Because of football, however, Fidel Murphy's opens its doors as early as 6 am on weekends. Draft beers are specialties of the house, as well as curry, Yorkshire pudding and Fish & Chips.
Things to Do in Grand Cayman in January
Visiting the Stingray City is arguably the most popular activity among visitors to Grand Cayman Island. Getting personal with these likable marine creatures is an unforgettable experience. You can examine them up close while standing on a shallow seabed, surrounded by waters of the Caribbean Sea. Or bring your snorkeling gear and join them under the water surface. And don't be uncomfortable by accompanying them because they never sting unless feeling threatened. Take an early morning tour for the best experience, before people start flocking.
Cayman Horse Riding and Cayman Island Discounts
Riding a horse on a Grand Cayman beach is one of the most interesting activities on the island. And not only on the beach since horses are willing to get their backs wet. If you are unsure about your swimming skills, no problem; leave that part out. Anyhow, if an idea of a horse ride on an empty beach appeals to you, land on one of the following pages Cayman Horse Riding or Cayman Island Discounts. Horse rides are available during the morning and evening, and transfer from your hotel is included in the price of this activity.
Exploring the seabed around the island of Grand Cayman is another extraordinary activity you can enjoy here. In that regard, the Kittiwake Shipwreck & Artificial Reef dive site, located just off of 7 Miles Beach, is one of the best places for diving around the island. While examining the former U.S. rescue vessel, you can spot turtles, rays and barracudas among other marine species. The depth isn't great, only 65 feet (20 meters). Thus, diving and snorkeling are suitable here for all skill levels.
Holiday Weather Blog
Best Places to Go For Winter Sun in December ☀️🏝🤿
December is a great time to escape to sunnier climates in order to avoid the harsh British winter that plagues the UK every year. Tenerife 🇮🇨 Tenerife Weather Lowdown December: Tenerife has always been thought of as the Island of Eternal Spring and this is especially true for the month of December. Whilst much of […]
Most Popular Blogs
Passenger Locator Form-WATCH OUT for your PCR reference !!!
When travelling back to the UK from your trip or holiday you are required to complete a Passenger Locator Form within 48 hours of your departure back to the UK. This is a straightforward form, however where you have to complete your valid PCR Test booking Reference on the form, it has to be letters […]